Lamont County is situated 40 minutes north east of Edmonton, the capital of Alberta.
Distance from Lamont County's Industrial Heartland to key locations:
- Dow Chemical - 16 minutes, 22 kms
- Shell Scotford - 11 minutes, 17 kms
- Strathcona County (center) - 41 minutes, 33 kms
- Sturgeon County (center) - 1 hour 9 minutes, 77 kms
2,474 sq km (955 sq miles)
- Lamont County (includes the hamlets of Star, Hilliard & Wostok): 3,899
- Town of Bruderheim: 1,308
- Town of Lamont: 1,774
- Town of Mundare: 852
- Village of Andrew: 425
- Village of Chipman: 274
Population statistics are taken from the 2016 Census Results.